Saturday, August 27, 2011

IDAHO!

Day: 6
Location: Baker City, OR - The Snake River Border of ID
Miles: 87

Total: 597


After a late start (the shop opened at ten), I made my way toward Hell's Canyon after ditching my p.o.s. Blackburn frame pump and picking up a Park Tools one instead. Oregon must have really liked me because it made every god damned effort to keep me in as it pounded me with head winds. Nevertheless, as I made my way down the snaking road to the Idaho border, the riding conditions turned in my favor. I managed 87 miles today which I'm pretty stoked about considering I lost and hour to a time zone change at the state line on top the time wasted I wasted in Baker City. So far, what I have seen of Idaho is completely Barren. There was nothing on the way here. The only cool part is that it is totally kosher to just camp in the road's shoulder. The are a bunch of RV's set up this way with tents too. I figured I'd do it too and set up my tent on an exposed cliff over looking the Snake River. Bad move, because as soon as I set up my tent, a storm rolled in and began throwing my horribly exposed tent around. I managed to get the situation under control by weighing down my tent with a few rocks, and slept the night away waking up to every car (did I mention that there's nobody here? maybe 5 cars drove by that entire night...) that drove by feet from my tent.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment